Sunday 19 May 2013

Weightlifting Nutrition Program for Fast Muscle Gain


  • Quality eating is crucial part of training
  • It is good to have extra supplements part of your weightlifting nutrition program.
  • Eat 4-6 times a day
  • Many nutritionists recommend one gram of protein and 15 calories for every pound of weight each day when muscle gain is the goal.
I think my weightlifting nutrition program and training plans are really good but why aren't I getting any bigger? I used to wonder that too until I gained 10 pounds in 6 weeks. I always trained hard and drank protein shakes as a part of my weightlifting nutrition program to gain muscle mass but never got really amazing results. Until after I altered my routine. I was able to see big results in a few weeks.
Now I'm going to share one of the secrets that is really critical if you want to build any muscle. So, are you ready to see a sample day from my weightlifting nutrition program and hear how one change in the  nutrition program allowed me to gain 10 pounds of muscle in 6 weeks?
BASICS OF NUTRITION YOU NEED TO KNOW

When you are training to gain muscle, eating is one of the biggest factors. You need to eat at the right times and the right kind of foods. Make sure the food you eat is full of quality nutrition for your muscles to grow.
Now, you might think how much do I need to eat and what? Do I need to use supplements and what kind to get amazing muscle growth? I used to ask the same questions. I will show you one day from my weightlifting nutrition program as an example.
Nowadays every magazine has several supplement ads. All those ads can be confusing and you are not sure which one is right for you. Myself, I use whey protein and maltodextrine which is carbohydrates.


WEIGHTLIFTING NUTRITION PROGRAM
My one day sample

Break fast, 7:30am: 20g protein powder mixed in Oatmeal with berries and one banana.
Breakfast is when you should eat a lot of slow carbohydrates and protein. Your brain needs carbs to function and you’ll have energy for the day. Oatmeal is high in fiber and good for your stomach and metabolism.
Snack, 10am: protein shake (30g protein, 10g carbs) or a sandwich and cottage cheese
A protein shake is really good to have this time of day. Make sure it doesn’t have over 30 grams of carbohydrates because those carbs are sugar. It raises your blood sugar level really high and then it drops fast. That makes you tired.
Lunch, 12 am: Spaghetti with meat or sea food and a big salad
Lunch should be your biggest meal.
Snack, 3pm: Sandwich (2 slices multi grain bread, ham, cheese, fresh spinach and tomato)
Personally, I get really hungry in the afternoon. Sometimes I'm too busy to make food, so I just grab a protein shake.
Optional snack before exercise: Yogurt, toast or banana, milk
Usually, I go to the gym around 6pm so I like to have a light snack an hour before I workout. That gives me extra energy so I can push myself harder.
Protein shake after training: 30g protein, 30-50g carbs
I drink my shake right after my workout. This is most beneficial since it is the recovery time. (To replace a protein shake you can eat a banana and drink chocolate milk.)
Supper, 8pm or after exercise: Chicken breast, potato, salad and cottage cheese or lunch left over
Supper should be a big meal since it is still recovery time. 1-2 hours after training is a good time to eat.
Night time snack: Protein shake (30 grams) or omelet
This varies from day to day depending on what time I train.
Drinks during the day a lot of water

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT DIET FOR MUSCLE GAIN
Now you have seen my one day meal plan from my weightlifting nutrition program. I try to get one gram of protein and 15 calories for every pound of weight each day. That is the most important guideline to follow when building size because protein is the major nutrition which builds muscle and you need carbs for fuel to train hard. I couldn't do that without extra supplements.

Reference: http://www.athleticforce.com/weightlifting_nutrition_program.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment